People are taking the plunge! It’s that time of year - The Polar Bear Plunge is happening all over the world. In Canada, a polar plunge usually marks the New Year. The New Year’s Day “Loony Dook” takes place in New Queensferry, Scotland. Events occur in U.S. cities like New York, Milwaukee, Boston and Seattle during the wintry months.
Most think it’s crazy, but others are actually giving cold water immersion a try! They’re raving about it all over social media, showing off to their friends, and sharing YouTube videos about the process.
Remember the benefits of of cold water immersion are numerous:
- Improves circulation
- Speeds injury recovery
- Builds the immune system
- Burns calories
- Increases energy and well-being
- Decreases seasonal anxiety and depression
- Feels invigorating
- Allows you to tap into a meditative state
- Increases testosterone and keeps hair and skin healthy
Don’t take our word for it. Check out some of these cold water users: Wim Hof, Tony Robbins, Dr. Jack Kruse, Dr. Rhonda Patrick, Ben Greenfield, and Dr. Andy Galpin. See what they have to say about the incredible benefits of cold water and how it’s impacted their lives.
Finally, check out this video about the benefits of cold - exercising in the cold, sleeping in the cold, swimming in the cold, and more.
So yes, you can haul a bunch of ice from the grocery store and fill your bathtub with cold water. A few problems though... you won’t be able to submerge your entire body AND all that water goes to waste after just one use.
Instead check out our innovative Hyoga Cold Plunge for use at home:
- No filling! No draining! No ice! Constantly cold and ready when you are!
- Portable, durable and easy to use! Plugs into a 110 volt outlet.
- Attractive and fits into any spa style bathroom or home gym.
- Healthy, low-chemical soaking in super-clean water.
- Low monthly cost, easy to care for and minimal maintenance